Comparative and superlative is not so difficult in Polish. You just have to follow multiple rules :D One you get them you can fill up the chart with 31 most common Polish Adjectives and Adverbs which I prepared for you! If you are a member of Polski Daily Club you can have a sneak pick and check out the answers in the answer key!
How to make comparative adjectives?
- remove the last vowel and add "-szy" at the end
eg. gruby - grubszy
- if the adjective has two consonants before the last vowel, then remove the vowel and add "-iejszy" eg. ładny - ładniejszy
- if the adjective ends in "-ki", "-oki", "-eki" remove this endings and then add "-szy"
eg. szeroki - szerszy
- some adjectives are long or just difficult to change. Then just use "bardziej" before them eg. interesujący - bardziej interesujący
- Uwaga! Some adjectives will have irregular forms and some will have alternations of consonants or vowels!
How to make comparative adverbs?
Follow the same steps as with adjectives but add "-ej" instead of "-szy" or "ejszy"
eg. ładnie - ładniej, grubo - grubiej
Now time for the exercise!
And here is the answer key:
You are unauthorized to view this page.